Fwd: Air Canada Provides Important Information for U.S. Bound Passengers

>Air Canada Provides Important Information for U.S. Bound Passengers
>

>     MONTREAL, Jan. 11 /CNW/ - Air Canada advises that effective January 18,
>2002 passengers travelling to the United States will be required to provide
>air carriers with basic personal information.
>     In accordance with the United States Aviation and Transportation Security
>Act, the Government of Canada enacted the Public Safety Act, including
>Bill C-44, which amends the Aeronautics Act to enable carriers to provide
>basic passenger information to foreign governments where such information is
>required by law.
>     As a result, Air Canada is now required to adhere to A.P.I.S. (Advanced
>Passenger Information System) which requires the collection of five basic
>pieces of information from each passenger travelling to the U.S. This
>information is provided to U.S. Customs in advance of the aircraft landing in
>the U.S., and is required for the purposes of ensuring aviation safety and
>security.
>     Upon check-in for a U.S. destination or for a flight with a travel
>itinerary that includes a U.S. destination, passengers will be asked to
>provide the following information:
>
>     1.    Full legal name
>     2.    Gender
>     3.    Date of Birth
>     4.    Nationality
>     5.    Travel document number
>
>     This data may also be obtained using an electronic document reader.
>     All currently acceptable valid travel documents for entry into the U.S.
>are still acceptable. A valid passport remains the preferred document for all
>travel outside of Canada.
>     The minimum recommended check-in time for U.S.-bound flights has not
>changed as a result of A.P.I.S. implementation and customers are advised to
>arrive at the airport 90 minutes before a U.S. flight departure.

The owner of Roger's Trinbago Site:
Roj (Roger James)

Caribbean Brass & Soca Connection Club Website
http://www.tntisland.com/caribbeansocabrassconnection/
Steel Expressions Orch
http://www.escape.ca/~ejames/se/
email #1: mailto:steelexpressions@yahoo.com
email #2: mailto:steelexpressions@home.com
The Trinbago Site of the Week:
(Traffik) http://www.cariwaksoca.com/trafik.htm
(Caribbean Traffik Jam)
courtesy of Roj Trinbago Website & TnT Web Directory
Roj's Trinbago Website: http://www.tntisland.com
TnT Web Directory: http://search.co.tt