Re: INSTALL nits

"Zack Weinberg" <zack@xxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

> What are the most common things people need to do in a "bootstrap"
> script that *aren't* covered by `autoreconf -i`?

I'm not sure if this is the correct thing for me to do, but for years I've
used the bootstrap script to do any pre-generation of files that I ship
with the distribution tarball to reduce the required build dependencies.
Running autoreconf -i is an important subset of that, but it also
includes, for example, pre-generating man pages from POD source and
generating input data for the test suite that relies on tools the typical
user may not have locally.

--
Russ Allbery (eagle@xxxxxxxxx)             <https://www.eyrie.org/~eagle/>