Re: [cfarm-users] Missing "make" on gcc210 or gcc211.fsffrance.org / or wrong autoconf - thank you very much

Dear Paul and all others,

> > I hoped that user runs autoconf and autoconf will decide
> > whether to execute "make" or "gmake" or whatever else.
>
> Autoconf looks only for 'make', and historically this has worked well on
> Solaris because most packages do not assume GNU Make. If you want to
> configure with 'gmake' on Solaris, you can use './configure MAKE=gmake'.
>
> It might be nice for someone to contribute changes to Autoconf, for
> packages that want to assume GNU Make semantics. Presumably this would
> be a new macro. I'll cc this to autoconf@xxxxxxx.

Now I understand all background, thanks.

The idea of autoconf was to run automatical script and then "relax" and automatical
sctipt solves all peculiarities of target platform.

regards
   Jara