Re: [Autoconf] Re: Dependency tracking not working on macOS

On 2022/10/17 22:26, Paul Smith wrote:
On Mon, 2022-10-17 at 14:11 +0900, suzuki toshiya wrote:
On my macOS 21 (Monterey), /usr/bin/make is GNU make 3.81

I don't follow MacOS so I can't say what the differences are between
different versions.  However, be aware that this is NOT standard GNU
make 3.81 as provided by GNU.  This instance of GNU make has some kind
of changes added by Apple.  I don't know the details but in the past
I've had problems reported with this version of GNU make which we could
not reproduce using standard GNU make 3.81.

Oh, just I wanted to inform /usr/bin/make was looking like
as if it were GNU make (and no gmake is shipped by Apple),
and I had *NO* intention to say as "I'm using genuine GNU
make 3.81, the trouble is not my fault."

But anyway, I was unaware that the binary shipped by Apple
might be based on some modified source and its behaviour is
different from the genuine GNU make. I would keep your
information, thank you!

Regards,
mpsuzuki