Re: New libtool maintainer: request for feedback

Thanks for the heads up.

I will take a look at this as soon as I can. I'm still working my way through a lot of the boilerplate new maintainer stuff, which at least for `libtool' is a lot to unpack ( but I'm making good progress ).

From the sounds of it `libtoolize' seems to have several conflicts with the rest of `autotools' that need to get ironed out. Could you provide info about tool versions and relevant `configure.ac'/`Makefile.am' snippets? I'll start by adding a test case for it.

The need for `ACLOCAL_AMFLAGS' always seemed wonky to me as well; I'll look at getting it removed. Off the top of my head I imagine `autom4te -l autoconf configure.ac -t AC_CONFIG_MACRO_DIRS:\$%;' somewhere in `libtoolize' would do the trick ( we'll hope it's that easy at least haha ).