Re: 2.70 release branch created; trunk open for development

On 12/11/20 6:13 PM, Zack Weinberg wrote:

Should I also install these into master, or merge them into master, or wait
for a mass merge later? In other words, what procedure do you prefer for
patches that should be installed into both branches?

I think it would be best if master always had all of the patches that
had gone onto release branches.  Please install the patches on master
or merge them back, whichever you find most convenient.
OK, I merged branch-2.70 into master. I manually edited master's NEWS due to conflicts; hope the result's OK.