Request to revert the C version change

Hi,

All through the 2.70 prelease cycle I was periodically running builds
of OpenEmbedded with the snapshots as they were released.  As we
autoreconf by default this was great at shaking out some bugs in both
packages and autoconf itself.  However, I see that in between the
Release Candidate and the final release a large breaking change to C
version detection was integrated that basically means that any
software using gnulib needs to update?

Obviously this causes our builds to break straight away, the build
chains stop at bison and gettext failing to configure.  Please
consider reverting this change: as a change that landed after the RC
there was a very limited window of opportunity for testing and the
requirement for all software to update gnulib just means that nobody
will upgrade to the new autoconf because it breaks everything else.

Cheers,
Ross