Re: 2.70 release branch created; trunk open for development

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 6:39 PM Paul Eggert <eggert@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> When merging Autoconf 2.70-and-later into Gnulib (which tries to work with
> older Autoconf releases) I found some minor discrepancies where Gnulib was
> better. These were small issues involving less-common porting targets like
> Oracle Developer Studio or HP-UX, or fixing some minor quoting bugs, and
> they seemed safe for 2.70.1 so I installed them in Autoconf branch-2.70. See
> attached.

These all look good to me.

> Should I also install these into master, or merge them into master, or wait
> for a mass merge later? In other words, what procedure do you prefer for
> patches that should be installed into both branches?

I think it would be best if master always had all of the patches that
had gone onto release branches.  Please install the patches on master
or merge them back, whichever you find most convenient.  Going
forward, I suggest committing to master first and then using `git
cherry-pick` to merge each patch onto the branch.

zw