Re: Making Autoconf 2.70 happen in the near future

Hi Zack,

This plan is great news!

>    I was hoping to get access to more “exotic”
>    environments via the GCC Compile Farm, but all of their more
>    interesting hosts are down as I write this. :-(
>
>    I will cheerfully add to the above anything that someone is willing
>    to give me an unprivileged ssh account on.

If you can delegate part of this testing, I'd be willing to help. I agree
that setting up virtual machines or emulated build environments is time
consuming (between 1 hour to 4 hours for each platform). But I've done so
already in the past, and can therefore offer testing on

aix-powerpc-32-gcc
aix-powerpc-32-xlc
aix-powerpc-64-gcc
aix-powerpc-64-xlc
cygwin-32
cygwin-64
freebsd-arm64
freebsd-x86-32
freebsd-x86-64
haiku-32
hpux-hppa-32-cc
hpux-hppa-32-gcc
hpux-hppa-64
hpux-ia64-32-cc
hpux-ia64-32-gcc
hpux-ia64-64
hurd-x86
irix-mips-n32-gcc
kfreebsd-x86-32
kfreebsd-x86-64
linux-alpha
linux-arm64
linux-arm-android
linux-armel
linux-armelhf
linux-hppa
linux-hppa-gcc8
linux-ia64
linux-m68k
linux-mipseb-32
linux-mipseb-64
linux-mipseb-n32
linux-mipsel-32
linux-mipsel-64
linux-mipsel-n32
linux-powerpc-32
linux-powerpc-64
linux-powerpc-64el
linux-riscv32
linux-riscv64
linux-s390-32
linux-s390-64
linux-sparc-32
linux-sparc-64
linux-x86-32-alpine
linux-x86-32-debian9
linux-x86-32-manjaro
linux-x86-32-ubuntu1704
linux-x86-32-ubuntu1710
linux-x86-32-ubuntu1804
linux-x86-64-alpine
linux-x86-64-arch
linux-x86-64-centos5
linux-x86-64-centos6
linux-x86-64-centos7
linux-x86-64-centos8
linux-x86-64-guix
linux-x86-64-manjaro
linux-x86-64-ubuntu1710
linux-x86-64-ubuntu1804
linux-x86-x32
macosx-powerpc
macosx-x86-32
macosx-x86-64
macosx-x86-64-clang
minix-x86
netbsd-x86-32
netbsd-x86-64
openbsd-x86-32
openbsd-x86-64
solaris10-sparc-32-cc
solaris10-sparc-32-gcc
solaris10-sparc-64-cc
solaris10-sparc-64-gcc
solaris10-x86-32-cc
solaris10-x86-32-gcc
solaris10-x86-64-cc
solaris10-x86-64-gcc
solaris11-x86-32-gcc
solaris11-x86-64-gcc
windows-mingw-32
windows-mingw-64
windows-msvc-32
windows-msvc-64

I can't give you ssh access, though, therefore you would need to provide
  - a tarball,
  - instructions what to test (if it goes beyond "./configure && make
    && make check"),
and you would also need to make sure that the test suite log file(s) contain
enough information, so that you can actually make progress fixing test failures,
without a long exchange of mails for each topic.

To ask for the testing, you'd write a mail to the platform-testers [1] mailing
list - so that other people than me can participate as well.

Bruno