Re: Android and iOS triplets are not recognized

On Wed, 4 Mar 2020, Jeffrey Walton wrote:

Android and iOS triplets are still not recognized.

I'm using config.guess and confg.sub dated 2020- 2020-01-01. It is the
latest fetched using
https://www.gnu.org/software/gettext/manual/html_node/config_002eguess.html.

According to the docs at
https://www.gnu.org/software/autoconf/manual/autoconf-2.69/html_node/Specifying-Target-Triplets.html:

   Autoconf-generated configure scripts ... target triplet, which has the form:
   ‘cpu-vendor-os’, where os can be ‘system’ or ‘kernel-system’

OK, sounds good.

Unfortunately, none of these are recognized:

What does 'none of these are recognized' mean? If you execute config.guess does it not produce a useful tripplet? Is the problem you are complaining about an issue with config.guess, or how Autoconf deals with its output?

These devices have been around for about a decade. There is no reason
to fail to recognize them after 10 years.

Autoconf itself has not been released since 2012. This feels like a long time to me, although not quite a decade.

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn
bfriesen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, http://www.simplesystems.org/users/bfriesen/