Re: Direct RPM install?

On Mon, 14 Dec 2009, Seth Vidal wrote:

ymm yes

the above command should work all byitself.

you may find you need to do:

yum --nogpgcheck install VirtualBox-whatever.rpm

but it should work just fine.

it does for me.

Ahhh, I see.  Instead of asking, I should have just tried it.  Silly me.
I've been using rpm to install naked rpms; big mistake.

Maybe I'll uninstall VirtualBox and reinstall it the righter way.  Or
even the rightest way -- Jimmy pointed out that they DO have a yum repo
(I missed this when grabbing the original RPM).  Then I'll get the
updates as well.

ps: Hi Rob!

Hello right back at ya!  Hope things are going well for you.  The last
couple of Fedora installs have been silky smooth (except for things
OUTSIDE of Fedora, e.g. vmware) and I've been mentally attributing this
to your genius cleaning things up.  My last install was also the
fastest<< RPM-based install I've had in a decade, and it didn't need
to do a full post-install update on top of the install.  Yum is even
faster than ever as well.

Good job, that.

   rgb

Duke University Dept. of Physics, Box 90305
Durham, N.C. 27708-0305
Phone: 1-919-660-2567  Fax: 919-660-2525     email:rgb@xxxxxxxxxxxx