Re: Using YUM as non-root user

On Tue, 30 Jun 2009, Michael Lasevich wrote:

I am aware of the relocations limitation and my packages are build with support for that - as I said, it works fine with command line rpm.

The reason "installroot" option does not work is because it relies on chroot, which obviously is not an option for me as it is not allowed for non-root users.

So, can you point me to the place in yum code that the rpm api is called? I want to see if I can pass prefix param via that.

it's not A place - you want to define the prefix macro.

it'll be something like rpm.addMacro(.....) - but I'm not sure what the prefix macro is. ask on the rpm-list.

-sv