Re: yum 3.2.23 released

On Fri, 22 May 2009, Fajar A. Nugraha wrote:

While building using that SRPM as base, I noticed the requirement for
python-elementtree is gone. This effectively means on RHEL5-based
system something like "yum --installroot=/tmp/new-RHEL5-root install
yum" would produce unusable yum in the new root. Updating an existing
RHEL5 installation works fine though.

The only changelog related to pyhton-elementtree that I can find was

* Wed Apr  6 2005 Seth Vidal <skvidal@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
- added python-elementtree dep, remove libxml2 dep

Is there a particular reason to remove that dep?

I build yum's srpm and test things out on the distro I run on. I run on fedora. If you're worried about making sure the yum pkg is built correctly for rhel5 then take the tarball and put it in the rhel5 srpm and rebuild it.

-sv