Re: rpm 4.2

rpm -Va --nofiles --nomd5
/var/tmp/rpm-tmp.13224: line 851: IntegrateWithGNOME: command not found

I think I understand the heart of the issue though.

Here is the requirements section from Firefox 3.0.6:

<rpm:entry name="xulrunner" flags="GE" epoch="0" ver="1.9.0.6" rel="1"/>

Because it is GE and not EQ yum determines the requirement and says, I can provide xulrunner 1.9.0.7 because it is the latest and it meets the requirement of >= 1.9.0.6. Although it should probably be an EQ because the Firefox 3.0.6 with xulrunner 1.9.0.7 does not work, this appears to fall on Red Hat. However, I do think update-minimal should realize that the advisory I'm trying to install looks for a specific version of xulrunner (1.9.0.6 in this case) and check to see if that version meets the requirement (which it does) and to see if that package is available in the repository (which it is) and install that version, not the latest.