Re: problem upgrading distro via yum

"Casey Boone" <caseyboone@xxxxxxxxx> writes:

>>  If it is actually newer, then it should happen
>> automatically. Eg. given:
>>
>> httpd-tools-2.2.9-1.fc8.i386
>> httpd-tools-2.2.9-1.fc9.i386
>>
>> ...the fc9 one will be newer. So there must be something else
>> happening, it is somewhat likely that there is an actually newer
>> package in Fedora 8, like:
>>

> The filenames differ only in one having fc8 and one having fc9.  I
> would have thought that fc9 meant an upgrade as well, but check for
> yourself.  My original message has a copy/paste of both what it says
> is installed and of the exact name of the rpm file as downloaded from
> an updates repo.

 It had the end of the depsolving, but not enough to be sure something
else wasn't happening to cause that problem (my guess would be
something which has a newer fc8 nevra requiring the fc8 version).
 If you can't see anything else that looks wierd, upload a full "yum
-d 9 update" somewhere that should allow us to find the problem.

--
James Antill -- james@xxxxxxx