[Yum] Yum No Longer runs

Hi, all,

An update to my fedora 3 core server at some point caused yum to fail to
start any longer.  Here's the error output I get when I enter the command,
"yum":

$ yum
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named yum

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.4 (#1, Nov 30 2004, 11:25:14)
[GCC 3.4.2 20041017 (Red Hat 3.4.2-6.fc3)]

Some time ago, I had to manually install python.  I suspect there was a
python update downloaded that caused yum to no longer work.  I know this is
a little off topic, but how do I fix this module issue?  I've tried
installing a new python rpm via:

"sudo rpm -vU python2.4-2.4-1pydotorg.i386.rpm --replacefiles", but am still
getting the error.  Any ideas?

Thanks, all

John Gordon
john.gordon@xxxxxxxxx