[Yum] Yum No Longer runs

That is your problem.  A Linux distro is made to work *together*... you
upgrade to a version outside of the disto and you just might find that
some things no longer work.  You have probably broken several other
things that require the official FC3 version of python.

If you must stay with your "one off" version of python, try rebuilding
yum from source rpm.  That could very well fix your problem.

JOshua