[Yum] patch to enable bare-bones repacking

On Sat, 2005-07-30 at 21:28 -0700, Dana Bourgeois wrote:
> I recently installed 2.3.4.  Very nice output.  I like the detailed
> information it supplies.  One nice thing to add would be more control at
> the prompt which is currently only for acceptance/rejection of the
> package list.  On rare occasions I have this long list of which I don't
> want one or two packages to update.
>
> I suppose the problem is dependencies.  I can't be allowed to just use a
> regular expression.  But the dependencies are known at this point so
> what I am really asking is not a regular expression but a chance to trim
> the dependency list at legal points.  One way to show trim points would
> be to have a flag colmun.

This isn't going to happen in the text user interface. If you want to
de-select a few actions in the transaction set before running it, then
recalculate the set I think you'd be best off looking into doing that in
a gui.

A text interface would just be messy for such a thing, not to mention a
lot of code.

-sv