[Yum] YUM on RH9

On 7/22/05, Jan H. Schaay <schaay@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm a newbie in YUM , so please forgive me in advance if I'm asking
> something really stupid.
> Actually I'm running YUM version yum-2.0.5-0.9.2.legacy (downloaded from
> www.fedoralagacy.org). This is the only version I could install and run in
> my
> RH9-2.4.20-43.9. I would like to know if there is any newer version to run
> on my RH9, where do I get it how do I install it.

Any particularly reason you want a bleeding edge version of yum on
long-in-the-tooth box?  The version you have is probably the easiest
one to stick with.

> I would also appreciate if
> you tell me where I can find some nice YUM repos for RH9.

http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

Specifically:
Q. Where do I find a repository to update my system which is running
distribution <XYZ>?

A. We have no idea. Your distribution should maintain their own list
on this subject. If they don't support yum but you want to use it
anyway you are probably going to have to make your own repository.

The Fedora Legacy folks are probably better suited to help you with
these issues.

Regards,
Greg