[Yum] Yum Problem : Asking For Help

Hello there, this is Fariz.

I'm sorry if this mail bother you all but i really need help. I'd go through lots of forum. None could help. I even subscribe to experts-exchange. So i guess there might be someone from this list that could help

I'm running redhat 9 on a VDS. I'd some problem installing yum and make lots of attempt. After a successfull install however, i couldn't use it. This is the message i got whenever i try to use YUM with or without any option.

root # yum
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/bin/yum", line 6, in ?
    import yummain
  File "/usr/share/yum-cli/yummain.py", line 23, in ?
    import yum
ImportError: No module named yum

Uninstalling yum using rpm -e yum and reinstall also does not have any good effect. ANy help on this matter would be much appreciated. Thank you.