[Yum] set up a little yum repository

Am Dienstag, 5. Juli 2005 19:24 schrieb Rakotomandimby Mihamina:
> Hello,
>
> I would like to setup a little yum repository on a box I'm just a
> user on. I dont have the root rights to modify no config files, but
> the anon FTP server just serv from a subdir of my $HOME.
>
> What is the basic architecture of y um repo? It's just to host 3 or 4
> personnal RPMs, and the box is a slackware one, so that I need to
> create the stuff manually. I'm looking for something like this
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/repository-howto/repository-howto.h
>tml _but_ for yum.

Start with:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/

Get the latest createrepo:
http://linux.duke.edu/projects/metadata/generate/createrepo-0.4.2.tar.gz

You may run genpkgmetadata.py manually, but you need to fulfill the
dependencies somehow, namely python rpm and libxml2 packages..

Then it boils down to pathto/genpkgmetadata.py -v repodir/

I haven't tested this, since I know the root passwd of all machines, I
really care ;-) In case of problems, just call back with the backtrace
then..

Pete