[Yum] Re: yum hangs up during file downloads and never recovers

On Sun, 2004-10-24 at 22:38, seth vidal wrote:
> > Thanks for the quick response.  But I guess it raises another question.
> >
> > I'm running yum 2.0.7 and if I type :
> >
> >     yum update yum
> >
> > then I get a message that says "yum is installed and the latest version"
> > after the usual gathering header information & finding updated packages
> > stuff.
> >

> > Is there an easy way to use yum to get version 2.1.10 or do I need to I
> > hunt around for an ftp site, download and rebuild the latest from
> > scratch ?
>
>  I would not recommend switching up to 2.1.10 right now.
>
> wait until the stable release 2.2.0 comes out.
>
> -sv

That makes sense.  I downloaded and installed the rpm for 2.1.10 but it
would not work with the repositories I use (and would not let me access
the default ones it setup) so I uninstalled and switched back to 2.0.7

My work around right now is to let 2.0.7 figure out what files I need to
update, wait until it hangs and then use gFTP to actually download the
updates and manually install them with the rpm command.  That's pretty
much the only way to get past the 100's of Mbytes needed every time
OpenOffice decides to update.

Tony