[Yum] Re: yum hangs up during file downloads and never recovers

On Sat, 2004-10-23 at 07:16, seth vidal wrote:
> > openoffice.org-1.1.2-10.f   1% |                         | 480 kB
> > 40:32 ETA ^[[ATraceback (most recent call last):
> >   File "/usr/lib/python2.3/socket.py", line 301, in read
> >     data = self._sock.recv(recv_size)
> > socket.error: (4, 'Interrupted system call')
> > [root@mypc etc]#
> >
> > In addition,  is there any way to configure Yum so that it can resume a
> > broken download ? The Arch Linux update does this so I guess its
> > technically possible.  It gets discouraging to fail at the 80% point of
> > a 10M download and know that you will have to throw it away and start
> > from scratch.
> >

> yum 2.1.10 now implemented socket timeouts. That should help the hanging
> up problem.
>
> The regets are currently unimplemented.
>
> -sv

Thanks for the quick response.  But I guess it raises another question.

I'm running yum 2.0.7 and if I type :

    yum update yum

then I get a message that says "yum is installed and the latest version"
after the usual gathering header information & finding updated packages
stuff.

Is there an easy way to use yum to get version 2.1.10 or do I need to I
hunt around for an ftp site, download and rebuild the latest from
scratch ?

Thanks,

Tony