[Yum] need a good comparison between yum and rh, current, nrh, etc

> I am looking for good arguements to avoid using current, nrh-up2date, and
> of course the RHN. Then I want to lean towards yum.
>
> I am interested in your experiences with yum compared to the other solutions.
> Good and bad stuff.

RHN offers some very interesting web-based mgmt of systems. That is, of
course, if you purchase the provisioning and configuration features that
they offer. In it's most generic form RHN offers ways of grouping and
earmarking systems for deployment from a common interface. It also means
managing and keeping up with RHN/RHN satellite accounts and maintaining
the server hardware and to some extent the software for the satellite
server. However, the satellite server is really a black box that you're
not allowed access to.

Current is no longer being maintained by Hunter Matthews, the primary
author and I don't believe any new author has stepped up to take over
the project.

nrh-up2date I am not familiar enough with to comment on.

Something to keep in mind, newer versions of up2date support updating
from yum repositories, so there is no longer a need to use rhn to use
the graphical interfaces in up2date or rhn_applet.

hope this helps.
-sv