[Yum] Re: yum update problem with biarch (i686/x86_64)

I found the problem. I had omitted the line:

	exactarch=1

from the yum.conf file. yum was therefore using the default setting (0)
for this.

When I add 'exactarch=1' to the config file, then yum works as expected.
>From the documentation it wasn't quite clear to me what effect this
setting would have, so I left it unspecified. Now I see that it changes the
behavior of multi-arch upgrades.

I will have to send a longer email to the list at some point to describe
what we do with yum. We use it as part of a larger configuration
management system and dynamically generate the yum.conf file along with
other things. We're probably abusing it in some ways but it has been a
great tool for us and I appreciate the work you've put in to develop it.

Thanks again,

Chris
wingc@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx