[Yum] command line server selection

jonathan pickard wrote:
> I have two local repositories on my RH9 machine
> /var/ftp/pub/9/updates - these hold the redhat updates
> /var/ftp/pub/9/rawhide - these hold the rawhide updates

> my yum.conf file looks like this
>
> [rh9 updates]
> name=rh9 updates
> baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/9/updates
>
> #[rh9 rawhide]
> #name=rawhide
> #baseurl=ftp://127.0.0.1/pub/9/rawhide

>                                            [But] I have to
> un-comment the rawhide lines from the yum.conf file
> run yum -y update evolution*
> what for the update and all dependancies to finish
> then recomment out rawhide in yum.conf.
>
> Is there a better way (clever way) to selectively apply patches from
> specific repositories?

About a month ago, I offered a patch to add support for selecting
a particular server repository.   Hence avoiding the need to have
multiple config files, or fiddle about with commenting entries in and out.

That would allow you to run

	yum -s "rh9 updates" -y update
or
	yum -s "rh9 rawhide" -y update evolution*

There didn't seem much interest at the time, but I could let
you have a copy of the patch if you think it would be useful.

Dave