[Yum] Groups & Repositories - Best Way to Setup?

> If I were to create a script to do this, I'd probably just make the
> group name be a command line argument.
>
> Something like:
> create-yum-groups <groupname> <directory>
>
> Would go in <directory> get a list of all RPMs in that directory, and
> then create the xml file setting the groupname to whatever was supplied
> on the command line, and filling in the packagereq tags with all the
> RPMs that it found in that directory...  Does that make sense?
>
> Of course it wouldn't be too difficult to do by hand for small
> repositories, but it would be nice to have a script do it, so that when
> a package is added or removed from the repository, you don't have to
> manually modify the xml file each time.

sounds great - one step further:

create-yum-groups <groupname> <groupid> <list-of-rpms>

create-yum-groups groupfoo foo bar baz quux do re mi fa so la ti do

to do the same thing - then it wouldn't be group based.

and ideally - instead of generating a whole xml file just create the
<group> section so you could paste them together.

sounds like a great idea. Let me know when you have a version done. :)

-sv