[Yum] Groups & Repositories - Best Way to Setup?

> Is there an easy way to get this working?  As far as I can tell, the
> only way to accomplish this is to setup a yumgroups.xml and define the
> package groups in there, and then running a 'yum groupinstall group1'.
> At which point, I could have just one conf file with all the
> repositories in it.  It would be nice if I could get this working by
> only modifying the yum.conf file, instead of creating a new comps.xml...

2 ways:

1. use a cgi for the yum.conf and use yum -c http://mydomain/mycgi
2. as you said just setup a small yumgroups.xml in the top of the
baseurl path. You don't need the full comps file - just the parts you're
planning on using. ex:
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<!DOCTYPE comps PUBLIC "-//Red Hat, Inc.//DTD Comps info//EN"
"comps.dtd">

<comps>
  <group>
   <id>phy-workstation</id>
   <uservisible>true</uservisible>
   <name>Physics Workstation</name>
   <packagelist>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">gdm-linuxduke-theme</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">memtest86-grub</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">lyx</packagereq>
     <packagereq type="mandatory">grace</packagereq>
   </packagelist>
  </group>
</comps>

Then your workstations need only do:

yum groupupdate "Physics Workstation"

and any new mandatory or default packagereqs added to that group will be
added onto the system.

-sv