[Yum] Groups & Repositories - Best Way to Setup?

On Thu, 2003-09-04 at 11:44, seth vidal wrote:
> How would you want them to compile lists of groups?
>
> Based on the Groups tag? That's not very specific.
>
> Seriously - if you can think of a way to tag into a group I bet a script
> could be written to do it.
>
> -sv

If I were to create a script to do this, I'd probably just make the
group name be a command line argument.

Something like:
create-yum-groups <groupname> <directory>

Would go in <directory> get a list of all RPMs in that directory, and
then create the xml file setting the groupname to whatever was supplied
on the command line, and filling in the packagereq tags with all the
RPMs that it found in that directory...  Does that make sense?

Of course it wouldn't be too difficult to do by hand for small
repositories, but it would be nice to have a script do it, so that when
a package is added or removed from the repository, you don't have to
manually modify the xml file each time.

-Jeff