[Yum] Yum Notes

On Tue, 2003-10-28 at 12:31, Charles Curley wrote:
> It works better if you attach the URL. Thank you, Doncho N. Gunchev,
> for pointing this out. Doh.
>
> http://www.charlescurley.com/yum.html

Hi,
 I noticed one thing, immediately, you should probably make that
'update' using yum - not upgrade.

upgrade is a fine command, for now, for going from one version of the
distribution to another, but for going from day-to-day for packages -
I'd suggest yum update, there are still dumb packages out there that
mutually obsolete each other.

In 2.1 and higher the plan is to have obsoletes consultation be an
option of update, rather than a separate mode, upgrade.

so good habits of using yum update, now, will pay off in the longer run.

-sv