[Yum] Survey of Use

jcosta@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx said:

> PS:  Does anyone know of a site that posts customized
> kickstart scripts?
> I'd like to learn what others are doing with ks.cfg...

I'm a little embarrassed to post what I'm using now because it is not yet
done.  Yum is really changing the way in which I kickstart my machines, and
is increasinly becoming an integral part of the kickstart process.

I'm going to be experimenting with kickstarting the most minimal system
possible, and then in the post-install part of kickstart use yum to install
all the additional packages.  The point of this is to avoid ever installing
the older packages the first time, and let yum install the newest packages
from the getgo.

IMHO it would be a terribly cool feature in kickstart, considering the new
love for yum in fedora, to let yum install *all* of the packages in the
kickstart so you get the newest package the first time.  This should shave
10-15 minutes off of the time it take me to kickstart a new workstation not
to mention the reduced load on the yum/kickstart server and the LAN.