[Yum] Survey of Use

On Thu, 23 Oct 2003, Rob Myers wrote:

> On Thu, 2003-10-23 at 10:46, nathan r. hruby wrote:
> > We (UGA) are hosting yum-ifed repos for our capus of 7.1-9 and the current
> > betas, with yumgroups enabled for those distros that support it.  We will
> > be yum-ifing the Fedora stuff (if the headers aren't alredy there).
>
> we've set up a departmental yum mirror that we are using now to update
> some of our workstations and clusters.  i hope to explore yumgroups and
> such next month.  with fedora we plan to update 100% with yum.
>
> i wish the ftp-mirror folks here at tech would get the redhat mirror
> yummified.  i sent ftpmaster@ an email requesting such and got no
> response.  currently, yummified updates are available for redhat 7.1-8:
> baseurl=http://yum.stl.gtri.gatech.edu/pub/redhat/updates/$releasever/
> we don't do redhat 9, but we will do fedora core.

7.1-9 plus the betas are yumified (with groups) on linuxserv.uga.edu (see
/linux/yum for sample configs) and we'll be doing fedora (core and extras)
as well.  In fact, we don't like y'alls (ftp-linux.cc.gatech.edu) mirror
so we're going to be become an official /  userbase redhat mirror RSN :-P

> is there a list of public yummified redhat mirrors anywhere?

Just the one on the Yum page, that I'm aware of.

> rob.
>
> ps- thanks uga (nathan) for the backup yum repo!

No problem!  Really, we should, like, work together or something :)

-n
nathan hruby <nhruby@xxxxxxx>
uga enterprise information technology services
production systems support
metaphysically wrinkle-free