[Yum] Removable media support in yum

seth vidal wrote:

>I'll fix it this evening. I didn't know that part was broken - my local
>

>tree is fine - hence the problem.

YES! Now it's fixed! Thanks!

>>Heh, i make two variables ([u]mountcommand in yum.conf)- if you dislike
>>current model
>>just set it to empty line or /bin/false - and then yum just ask for new
>>disk and don't
>>try to eject/mount. Do you think what this behaviour must be default?
>>

>I think automatically ejecting/umounting filesystems is NOT something
>that I ever want yum to do.
>
>it's too error prone and doesn't belong internally. if a user is
>changing disks, they can probably handle umounting a drive.

But RH think different? Look at redhat-config-packages, it's mount and eject
CDRoms. Anyway i think yes, i need to set it by default to None, cause
you and
our sysadmins think than it's right. :)

>>Also I have lots of patches to yum (and this bored i18n patch too!) :)
>>

>some of your patches I don't agree with how they are implemented and in
>some cases _what_ is implemented. I'd also like it if patches were
>queued in via bugzilla - and referenced on the mailing list.

Yes, i understand. What did you think if i build src.rpm with my patches
and provides
it to peoples? I don't think about fork, i think about 'bleeding edge
supercustomized powerfull yum with
patches for CD support, GUI and separate repository-config directory' :)

>wrt the i18n patch - I applied part of that the other night but I've not
>done a check in yet.

Thanks, it's good. I so persistent cause befor it i18n stuff has broken
compleatly.
Sorry for annoying.

>>Yes, i like this idea but how can i get DISKLABEL from cd? :)
>>

>its on the disk. look in the disk information iirc.

Okey, i'll try to use your model with disklabel.
Thanks for hints!

IRC: irc.freenode.net #asplinux                Grigory Bakunov
ICQ: 51369901                        ASPLinux Development Team
Life would be so much easier if
                        we could just look at the source code.