[Yum] Partial Updates

 >> But there is one additional drawback in using it for 'solving
dependency problems': I have to remember forever that I once put a
package in the exclude list, and remove it from this list from time to
time or I won't ever notice the disappearance of the dependency problem
and thus stick with the old version. <<

Agreed.

And, if I start using exclude= for 'solving dependency problems', I'll
eventually have to create a database to track the excludes as the
workstation count goes up.

This line of thinking emphasizes the benefits of maintaining my own
repositories. Even though mine are 99.9% identical to the ones that I've
mirrored.

Cliff Kent