[Yum] Partial Updates

 >> Is it possible to force yum to update everything that can be
updated, even if there are dependency problems with other packages? <<

I leave it up to Seth to give you an authoritative answer. I'm a user
not a developer.

However, I have one package for which I "like the old version". It's not
important enough to me to follow up.

So my yum.conf, in the [main] section, has the line:

exclude=gthumb

Now, the freshrpms (in this case) updates to gthumb get skipped.

Could that solve your problem?

Cliff Kent