[Yum] Re: Suggestion for yum's rpm

>=20
> well it's tagged as config file - but not tagged noreplace
> See:
> %config %{_sysconfdir}/cron.daily/yum.cron
>=20
> it could be tagged (noreplace) but I'm not sure if that makes more or
> less sense.
>=20
> comments, anyone?

by building your own rpm, you can cuild you own yum.cron and yum.conf. =
if you install more machines with same configuration, this is the easyer =
method as changing files on every machine. so i think it makes sense to =
customise files before building rpm as changing after installation.=20

one think that makes me wonder, is the activation of the service. after =
installing the rpm, the service is activated but not running, so=20
i changed:

/sbin/service yum condrestart >> /dev/null
/sbin/service yum start

for me this works.

Stephan