[Yum] kernel module distribution via yum?

On Wed, Jul 16, 2003 at 11:35:48AM -0700, Lars Damerow wrote:
> What we'd like to do is have one SRPM that we'd rebuild on each kernel,
> resulting in an RPM specifically versioned for that kernel. We'd put all of
> those RPMs into our yum repository. Then, when a client updates, it'd only
> install the RPM for its kernel.

You might want to look into DKMS:

	http://www.lerhaupt.com/linux.html#dkms

Excerpt from the above link:

	DKMS stands for Dynamic Kernel Module Support. It is designed to create
	a framework where kernel dependant module source can reside so that
	it is very easy to rebuild modules as you upgrade kernels. This will
	allow Linux vendors to provide driver drops without having to wait for
	new kernel releases while also taking out the guesswork for customers
	attempting to recompile modules for new kernels.

Regards,

	Bill Rugolsky