[Yum] kernel module distribution via yum?

Hello!

We're trying to find a way to distribute kernel modules using yum. It's trivial
if all of the machines syncing to the repository run the same kernel, but
that's not true in our case.

We could build single RPM that contains copies of the module built for each of
our kernels, but that could get pretty ugly. We'd have to manually build the
module on each kernel and then move the resulting .o file into our RPM by hand.

What we'd like to do is have one SRPM that we'd rebuild on each kernel,
resulting in an RPM specifically versioned for that kernel. We'd put all of
those RPMs into our yum repository. Then, when a client updates, it'd only
install the RPM for its kernel.

Is there some requires/provides magic we can use to get this behavior, or any
better approaches for the same result?

thanks for any tips!
-lars

lars damerow