[Yum] Yum list error

seth vidal wrote:

> Thanks!

No, thank you!

>>[Thu Feb 13 19:22:47 2003] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] (20514)End of file
>>found: mod_mime_magic: read failed
>
> is the .hdr extension defined in your apache config somewhere?
>
> Nothing fancy about those files. Search for hdr in your httpd.conf - see
> if its been defined for some reason.
>
> Odd error you're seeing though.
> I've never seen that one and I do all my serving off of apache.

I believe the error was generated when I _browsed_ to the headers
directory using mozilla, not from using yum.  No trace of "hdr" in
either the httpd.conf or the magic file used by apache to guess the mime
type.  Looks like the stock Red Hat 8.0 httpd.conf uses the
/etc/httpd/conf/magic file for this purpose (at least, that is what mine
says and I know I haven't modified that part of it).

It could be that some part of the front of the .hdr files is matching
something in magic and causing the warnings.  Not a biggie.  I want to
see how the vsftpd thing works out.

> six of one, half dozen of the other.  vsftpd is fast and a joke to
> setup.

Just my style ;)

Best Regards,
Keith