[Yum] Partial updates/installs/etc

Having got such a prompt response on the last request,
I thought I'd try my luck again.

  Another feature that would be useful, but I can't
immediately see how to do, is the ability to install
(or update or whatever) packages from just one of the
repositories listed in the yum.conf file.

For example, if I've got a conf file

----------
[redhat]
name=Red Hat Linux 9 os
baseurl=file:/usr/local/yum-repositories/RedHat

[updates]
name=Red Hat Linux 9 updates
baseurl=file:/usr/local/yum-repositories/updates

[others]
name=Local additions
baseurl=file:/usr/local/yum-repositories/other
----------

I'd like to be able to do

	yum install '[others]'

(with some syntax or other)  to install all out local additions,
but without pulling in the whole of the base O/S or updates.
   At the moment, I can do this by editing the conf file,
and commenting out the sections I don't need, but that's
a little cumbersome.

The man page and usage output both mention "groupinstall",
and the like.   But there's no further description of how
to define a group.   And it's not clear whether that's the
same thing as a '[server]' anyway.

If such a mode of operation is possible, please can
you provide an example of how to invoke it.
If not, would there be any interest in supporting this?

Dave