[Yum] other stuff

Howdy,
While I think getting the 'groups' working is more important, I have a couple
of idea's / suggestions .

Functions and Abilities that would be nice
(This time I looked on the todo list first.)

Multiple configuration files and/or the ability to give a command line
argument telling yum where to look for it's rpm's.
Why?
There are several reasons.  One of the biggest would be to have the nightly
script do various types of installs, by pointing at different config files and
running different options.
And example:  We point at our main RPM directory on the server and do a yum
update.  We then point at the machines workgroup directory and do a yum
upgrade.  We then point at a third directory for security rpms, and do a yum
install *.
So that could be done either by changing the yum.conf file each time, or
having three yum.conf files, or point yum to the right server/directory in the
command line.

Have it be a little more robust server-wise.  So that if there are multiple
servers, and one of them doesn't happen to be available, it just ignores that
server and uses the other in the list.
Why?
Because it would be nice to have mirrored servers, and have them both in the
config file.  If one of the servers goes down, then the other one just get's
all of the traffic.

Thanks
Troy
Troy Dawson  dawson@xxxxxxxx  (630)840-6468
Fermilab  ComputingDivision/OSS  CSI Group