Re: search docs on www.libvirt.org

On Mon, Dec 04, 2023 at 01:03:07PM +0100, Wolfgang Rohdewald wrote:
> Since I do not know in which country libvirt.org legally lives (it does not say that),
> I do not know what regulations apply. But meanwhile all major US companies follow
> EU regulations - in general even worldwide. So maybe this is all irrelevant
> for you - but maybe not.
>
> Am Montag, dem 04.12.2023 um 11:32 +0000 schrieb Daniel P. Berrangé:
> > Aside from the search, our is just static content, so I'm not sure
> > how it can be said to be massively violating privacy.
>
> Please re-read. It is not about the content.
> The website defines no privacy policy which is against EU regulations.

Please provide any source for this requirement that applies to
libvirt.org. That site has only static pages, it doesn't collect any
personal data and based on my quick search the requirement for privacy
policy is when you do collect personal data which is not our case.

> > Even for the search, if you've not visited google before, you'll get
> > prompted (by google) to agree to its terms before the search will be
> > executed.
>
> Again - not to the point. For two reasons:
>
> 1. Sometimes I am desperate enough to use Google Search - but I want do decide myself when I want to.
>
> 2. the EU regulations request I am asked BEFORE the connection to google starts. Otherwise
> Google already learns something about me (it learns that I am interested in libvirt).
> I believe renaming the button to "search local Doc using Google" should be sufficient. But then
> again - I am not a lawyer.

Agreed that having a button that redirects to google is not a good user
experience. But if you claim that it is required by EU regulation to
notify user before redirecting to some other website please provide us
with any relevant source information to support that claim.

Pavel