Re: search docs on www.libvirt.org

Since I do not know in which country libvirt.org legally lives (it does not say that),
I do not know what regulations apply. But meanwhile all major US companies follow
EU regulations - in general even worldwide. So maybe this is all irrelevant
for you - but maybe not.

Am Montag, dem 04.12.2023 um 11:32 +0000 schrieb Daniel P. Berrangé:
> Aside from the search, our is just static content, so I'm not sure
> how it can be said to be massively violating privacy.

Please re-read. It is not about the content.
The website defines no privacy policy which is against EU regulations.

> Even for the search, if you've not visited google before, you'll get
> prompted (by google) to agree to its terms before the search will be
> executed.

Again - not to the point. For two reasons:

1. Sometimes I am desperate enough to use Google Search - but I want do decide myself when I want to.

2. the EU regulations request I am asked BEFORE the connection to google starts. Otherwise
Google already learns something about me (it learns that I am interested in libvirt).
I believe renaming the button to "search local Doc using Google" should be sufficient. But then
again - I am not a lawyer.

So I think it is libvirt.org having to ask me before connecting to Google.

--
mit freundlichen Grüssen

Wolfgang Rohdewald