Re: Libvirt and Ceph: libvirtd tries to open random RBD images

Hello Daniel,
Please let us know if there are any hints for us.

Thanks,
Jayanth

On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:36 AM Jayanth Reddy <jayanthreddy5666@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello Daniel,
Thank you for the response.
I checked and confirmed that all these hosts are identical in-terms of spec and the permissions given. The secrets on all the hosts are intact and identical.
> Or is RBD preventing this host access the volume, becuase another VM has it in use
Not sure because I believe this should be the same as executing # rbd du <pool>/<image> right?

Some additional information:
# kvm --version
QEMU emulator version 4.2.1 (Debian 1:4.2-3ubuntu6.27)
Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers

# libvirtd --version
libvirtd (libvirt) 6.0.0
We're using Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS.

At this point, there are no issues identified, but we're interested in knowing the cause and not sure if there are some network issues which cause this. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.

Thanks,
Jayanth

On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 6:55 PM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 01:21:24PM +0000, Jayanth Reddy wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
>
> Thank you for the response. Please also let me know why libvirtd says "No such file or directory" even though the block images exist and are healthy.

I don't know the cause - all we're seeing is that the API call

    if ((ret = rbd_open_read_only(ptr->ioctx, vol->name, &image, NULL)) < 0) {

is failing. Maybe RBD has permission denying access on this host ?
Or is RBD preventing this host access the volume, becuase another
VM has it in use

With regards,
Daniel
--