Re: Libvirt and Ceph: libvirtd tries to open random RBD images

On Mon, Nov 27, 2023 at 11:17:26AM +0530, Jayanth Reddy wrote:
> Hello Daniel,
> Please let us know if there are any hints for us.

I'm afraid I don't really have any further suggestions, since I am not
very familiar with RBD.

If everything else is working normally though, I wouldn't be too worried
about the error message from libvirt. IIUC, at most it would mean that
'virsh vol-list' won't report existence of the volume which could not be
opened.

> Thanks,
> Jayanth
>
> On Wed, Nov 22, 2023 at 11:36 AM Jayanth Reddy <jayanthreddy5666@xxxxxxxxx>
> wrote:
>
> > Hello Daniel,
> > Thank you for the response.
> > I checked and confirmed that all these hosts are identical in-terms of
> > spec and the permissions given. The secrets on all the hosts are intact and
> > identical.
> > > Or is RBD preventing this host access the volume, becuase another VM has
> > it in use
> > Not sure because I believe this should be the same as executing *# rbd du
> > <pool>/<image>* right?
> >
> > Some additional information:
> > # kvm --version
> > QEMU emulator version 4.2.1 (Debian 1:4.2-3ubuntu6.27)
> > Copyright (c) 2003-2019 Fabrice Bellard and the QEMU Project developers
> >
> > # libvirtd --version
> > libvirtd (libvirt) 6.0.0
> > We're using Ubuntu Server 20.04 LTS.
> >
> > At this point, there are no issues identified, but we're interested in
> > knowing the cause and not sure if there are some network issues which
> > cause this. Thank you very much for any help you can provide.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Jayanth
> >
> > On Mon, Nov 20, 2023 at 6:55 PM Daniel P. Berrangé <berrange@xxxxxxxxxx>
> > wrote:

> >> "No such file or directory" even though the block images exist and are
> >> healthy.
> >>
> >> I don't know the cause - all we're seeing is that the API call
> >>
> >>     if ((ret = rbd_open_read_only(ptr->ioctx, vol->name, &image, NULL)) <
> >> 0) {
> >>
> >> is failing. Maybe RBD has permission denying access on this host ?
> >> Or is RBD preventing this host access the volume, becuase another
> >> VM has it in use
> >>

> >> With regards,
> >> Daniel
> >> --