ACLs problem on /dev/kvm

Dear All,

I have started to work with libvirt a few weeks ago, but I have some problem with starting a virtual machine. Currently, I am using an embedded arm64 device with a Linux built with Yocto. I managed to install lbvirt 8.1.0 in the image and I have a qemu user and qemu and kvm groups in the system. I am using KVM hypervisor and I did the configuration in the qemu.conf and libvirtd.conf files, enabled all the sockets and services in the system. The xml based definition of the virtual machine is simple, but when I try to start it I get the error message: Failed to start domain ’XYZ’ and Unable to set ACLs on /dev/kvm: Invalid argument. I cannot set ACLs on the /dev/kvm (owner is root, group is kvm but I have also tried to set it root:root) with the setfacl command, but I gave rwx access to user, group and others as well so everybody can use the device. I also uncommented the relevant lines in the qemu.conf file (cgroup_controllers = … and cgroup_device_acl = …) and I also found that devices controller is already mounted at /sys/fs/cgroup/devices. Can anybody help me with this issue? Did Anybody have similar problem? I can start a virtual machine with qemu-system-aarch64, but I would like to use the libvirt library to manage the machines.

Thank you in advance for an early reply.

Best regards,

Márton Sánta

This transmission is intended solely for the addressee and contains confidential information.
If you are not the intended recipient, please immediately inform the sender and delete the message and any attachments from your system.
Furthermore, please do not copy the message or disclose the contents to anyone unless agreed otherwise. To the extent permitted by law we shall in no way be liable for any damages, whatever their nature, arising out of transmission failures, viruses, external influence, delays and the like.