virsh blockjob $domain --abort

Please advise:

After a scheduled crontab snapshot backup of a VM it failed to do a blockcommit, and is currently writing to both the snapshot and the original QCOW2 images.

(I don't think it's a bug, and suspect that I caused it by running the backup script manually while the snapshot was already running.)

$ virsh blockcommit VM sda --active --pivot --shallow --verbose
error: block copy still active: disk 'sda' already in active block job

$ virsh blockjob VM sda --info
Active Block Commit: [100 %]

$ virsh domblkerror VM
No errors found

Running on Debian 9 (Stretch).

$ virsh version
Compiled against library: libvirt 3.0.0
Using library: libvirt 3.0.0
Using API: QEMU 3.0.0
Running hypervisor: QEMU 2.8.1

Now, I've read up on the probable solution, somewhat, but running $ virsh blockjob $domain --abort on this production server scares me; and I'm just asking whether it would be advisable to stop services and make a full data backup prior to doing so? It would entail taking the services offline for at least an hour. The snapshot is currently at 12GB,  and according to blockjob --info the VM image is 100% in synch.

Will appreciate any advice. Thank you.

Best regards,

Jeff