Re: Way to detect virtual machine cpu features

Hi, any comment or suggestion

On Thu, Jun 29, 2017 at 10:55 AM, Lei Zhang <lei12zhang12@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hello everyone

 I want to know how can I use libvirt to detect what cpu features a virtual machine will see.

I guess I could do it in following way:

1. if cpu mode is 'custom', use 'virsh cpu-baseline --features' on the cpu model to get model features.
2. if cpu mode is 'host-passthrough' or 'host-model', do a 'virsh capabilities' to list cpu features of physical host, they are identical to features of virtual machine.

Is this right way to do things? Look forward to your valuable comments.

Best regards,
Lei