Re: Broken br0

Hi

I usually configure networks through /etc/network/interfaces especially ones that virtual machines need.

Cheers

Hello,

I wanted to get an extra IP on my local NIC, so I ran `sudo ip addr add 192.168.1.130/24 dev enp4s0`. This didn't work as intended, so I thought I'd restart the Ubuntu system to have things back to how they were.

Alas, this didn't happen. While the host still has network as usual, none of the VMs are able to get a DHCP lease from the router, or any connectivity at all.

I can still see br0 with `ip addr`, but my guess is that it's misconfigured now.

I tried adding a br1 with virt-manager (Edit > Connection details > Network interfaces > Add interface) and using that instead, but the app crashed halfway through; and I can't disable or remove the connection with the app now.

I wonder if this isn't a routing issue, but I am not very proficient in that area to troubleshoot and fix.

Where should I start? I'd like to use this as an opportunity to learn more about networking and VMs, so bear with me if I ask stupid/basic questions. Thanks!

Dominik Psenner