Host modifications

Hello,

I test libvirt 0.9.12 on Debian.

I am disappointed by changes made on my host without any notice.

Examples:
- editing interfaces with virsh or virt-manager modifies my /etc/network/interfaces. It's not clear at first glance that I can even cut myself from the host when editing remotely. The initial file is not even saved. - starting default network (nat) adds rules in netfilter. I have not seen how to create another network nat conf without calling clean-traffic nwfilter (it is not explicit in network XML file). Is it hardcoded ?

I think it would be nice:
 - to be alerted before any host modification,
 - to be able to change the templates, for instance:
   - not including any nwfilter when creating a network,
   - script called when adding a file in a dir pool,
   - and so on.

Did I miss something?
Am I alone to disappointed by such behavior?

Thanks,
Benoit